As we move through the summer and into the fall of an eventful 2020, HxBIA continues to engage on priorities for the Downtown Eastside. Beyond Covid-related supports such as rent relief and property tax reduction, I have heard from many of you that the levels of garbage and other waste have become a serious barrier to operating in the neighbourhood. The BIA has been working with other DTES organizations and the City of Vancouver to improve conditions and I will have an update on a new cleaning initiative soon.
We are also developing our strategic plan to cover the BIA’s next five years. Member input is critical to this plan to ensure we reflect your priorities, concerns, and vision for Hastings Crossing. I encourage you to take five minutes to complete the survey.
Your opportunity to provide feedback through our online survey has been extended and will now close on September 5—in two days. Those who complete this short survey are eligible for one of three prizes:
· Academie Duello is offering the choice of a Swordfighting and Adventure or an Archery and Adventure session for two.
· Community Impact Real Estate is providing a $100 gift card to East Van Roasters.
· The BIA is offering a $100 gift card from The Pint Public House.
If you haven’t already done so, please take advantage of this opportunity to shape how your BIA serves you. And don’t forget to drop me a line if you’ve already completed the survey and didn’t enter your contact information for the draw!
In addition to the survey, there will be three virtual meetings over the next two months:
- Consultation on August 19 at 6:00 PM
- Consultation on August 27 at 12:00 PM (noon)
- HxBIA Annual General Meeting on September 24 at 6:00 PM
Please check your HxBIA newsletter for links or email email@example.com for more information.